Upper Left Side Back Pain - Causes and Treatment
The reason that it is also called thoracic pain is that the upper part of the spine is connected with the thoracic or chest area.
- In most cases, the upper left side back pain occurs due to the wear and tear of the muscles in the back.
- Sometimes a nerve in the neck or thoracic part of the spine gets pinched due to bulging disc or arthritis.
- The vertebrae get afflicted with osteoporosis or weakening of the bones. It becomes so weak that it cannot withstand the weight of the spine itself.
- Injuries due to accidents or falls may also cause severe pain in the upper back muscles.
- Overuse of the muscles of the upper back and poor postures can cause strain in the joints and ligaments. Painters, who have to work in awkward postures such as while painting the ceiling, often suffer from upper back pain.
- Women with large breasts sometimes have to strain to stand straight. This may also cause pain the upper back.
- Heart problem may also indicate itself by causing pain in the upper back area of the neck.
In most cases the pain may be caused due to some mechanical problem in your back such as strain, overwork or wrong posture. Here are some of the steps you may take to get relief from the upper left side back pain at the initial stage.
- Massage: Do a deep massage over the afflicted area for a minute or two every hour. Just rub the tender spot by extending your hand across the opposite shoulder.
- Knead: Knead the trapezius muscles gently like a cat kneads with its paws. Do it yourself or get your friend of spouse to do that.
- Use elbow: You may ask your friend to gently press the tender area with the point of his elbow for a few seconds at a time and repeat it a few times. Pressure upon a point temporarily stops the supply of blood followed by a sudden flow of oxygen carrying blood. This relaxes the muscles.
- Correct posture: A wrong posture often weakens and damages the muscles that support the weight of the back. Always be careful of your posture while sitting, standing, sleeping, walking or working.
- Sports bra: Women with large breasts should try wearing sports bra which provides better support to the shoulders and neck.
Are you suffering from upper left side back pain? It does not matter that you have suffered from it for decades. You would be completely cured even if you are a hopeless case. Click Here Right Now to learn more about how you can get fast and permanent relief from your painful problem.
Back Pain Am I In Labour
back pain upper middle shoulder blades
back pain upper middle shoulder blades ... the back itself will relieve this pain. Back pain occurring in the back below the left shoulder ...
Back Pain Between Shoulder Blades
If you are worried because of back pain between shoulder blades ... Upper Back Pain Between Shoulder Blades; Excruciating Back Pain; Left Side Back Pain During Pregnancy
Reasons Behind Shoulder Pain
... upper belly on the right side. - Pain around the right shoulder blade, or pain between the shoulder blades. ... back, behind the breastbone or pain between the shoulder blades
Upper back pain between shoulder blades, Upper back pain causes ...
Upper back pain between shoulder blades might be allayed or even resolved with postural rectification exercise & stretching moves.
Upper Right Back Pain, Pain Under and Between Your Shoulder Blades
These pains are symptoms, (upper right back pain, pain under shoulder blades pain between shoulder blades), which left untended can cause lost nights of sleep and the ...