Home Remedies for Swelling Feet - Herbal and Natural Remedies
Causes of Swelling Feet
There are few causes of swelling and pain in the feet, arthritis is most common cause for swelling feet. The common symptom of arthritis is joint inflammation. Swelling in joints, stiffness in joints, restricted mobility in joints and redness are the reason for arthritis. Frostbite is another cause of swelling feet. Swelling of the hands and feet or other areas of the body can occur due to abnormal kidney function, kidney diseases, congestive heart failure, protein deficiency, cancer, or sodium retention. Pregnancy, standing for prolonged periods of time, premenstrual syndrome, an injury, oral contraceptives, low thyroid, anemia and deficiencies of potassium and vitamin B, or allergic reactions are the other reasons for swelling feet.
Swelling foot is really annoying, painful and even prevents you from doing your daily tasks. It is recommended to get a proper medical check-up because swelling foot can be a symptom of various serious medical conditions like arthritis and nerve circulatory problem.
There are several home treatments that are very helpful to get you relief from swelling of the feet. Few of them are discussed as below -
- Hot and cold water massage gives tremendous relief from swelling. It is one of the best home remedies for swelling feet.
- Water has therapeutic benefits for swelling feet. It helps in relieving the pain and swelling from your feet without any fear of side effects.
- Soaking your feet in lukewarm water followed by a gentle massage using cream or lotion is very helpful relief for foot pain or swelling feet.
- Stretching and foot exercise is very effective home remedies for it. There are some good foot exercises and stretching that you can do as a relief for foot pain.
- Avoid high heels and don't put a lot of pressure on your feet
- Wear shoes that fit properly - size, shape and comfort are very important factor in selecting shoe.
- Apply mixture of lemon juice, cinnamon, olive oil, water and milk.
- Apply mixture of peppermint essential oil, water, eucalyptus essential oil and lemon essential oil. It is an effective home remedies for swelling feet and can be done anytime as all the ingredients are available at home all the time.
- Baking powder, rice water with water - Rice water is very good for improving micro circulation.
- A tea tree oil foot soak can also give you relief from foot pain and swelling of the feet.
- Lavender bubble baths and foot massage -It has a wonderful ingredient for your feet.
- Sandalwood oil massage - It has a soothing effect
Disclaimer: This article is not meant to provide health advice and is for general information only. Always seek the insights of a qualified health professional before embarking on any health program.
Nick Mutt writes on natural health and has published many ebooks on herbal treatments and home remedies. He is one of the popular authors on natural health topics. To get relief from foot pain and swelling read more Home remedies for swelling feet at Natural Cures guide - a health guide to make you and your family live better, fit and healthy.
Back Pain Illness
Why Do I Have Lower Back Pain And Swollen Feet - HealthCentral
Everything you need to know about why do i have lower back pain and swollen feet, including the most common causes and treatments.
Ask the Expert: Link between Swollen Feet and Nerve Damage ...
Dear Dr. Borigini,I have chronic lower back pain and hip pain related to a herniated disc, degenerative disc disease, stenosis, and arthritis in my spine and hi...
Nephrology: Swollen Foot & Back Pain, enlarged kidney, kidney problem
enlarged kidney, kidney problem, kidney dysfunction: Hi Jayne, Thanks for asking my opinion on Allexperts . Yes, your symptoms could be due to kidney dysfunction. A detailed ...
18 Things Your Feet Say About Your Health
... Loss of Appetite Low Grade Fever Nausea Rash Swollen Feet ... stress fractures are a common cause of foot pain. ... both) but can also be felt in the arch or in the back of the foot
Inherited abnormalities in the back, legs, or feet can cause pain. For example, one leg may ... More About Foot Pain and Swollen Feet Causes. Foot Pain Causes Diabetes Foot Care ...